Sunday, August 28, 2011

Today's film is "The Devil Rides Out"


I've loved this film since I was a kid and seeing it again was easy. I showed it to my wife (JL2) who was unfamiliar with it or the author Dennis Wheatley, but she loved the film as I knew she would.

This film can show the filmmaker and even the film student how little is needed by way of special effects or wall to wall action when there is a great story with wonderful characters you want to spend time with and will answer your questions as this morality play unfolds.

I was saddened by how little info or videos of him exist on the web. He was a major author and it's a shame more young people aren't aware of him. If you find one of his books, read it! You'll dig it and when you are done with it pass it on to a friend.

Watch the film and let me know your thoughts on this fine work from Hammer, Christopher Lee and Dennis Wheatley.

The Devil Rides Out





No comments: