Thursday, September 22, 2011

"The Harryhausen Chronicles"


Ray Harryhausen is famous for special effects and stop-motion animation art. Films like, "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad", "Jason and the Argonauts", and "Clash of the Titans". He is a mild mannered, easygoing and very sweet patient man. I have met with him several times and we've had dinner together on occasion, I find this documentary has captured him perfectly and honors him as an artist, a very giving man and a generous mentor.

The Harryhausen Chronicles is a fantastic video documenting the man, his art, his beginnings and the love many of today's special effects geniuses, filmmakers and fans have for him. It include interviews, early work, experimentations, and great close-ups of his puppets.

When I was young I wanted so bad to be a stop-motion animator, so I watched and read everything I could about him and the process. If only I had this film back then!



No comments: