Thursday, September 15, 2011

"La Dolce Vita"


"La Dolce Vita" was written and directed by Federico Fellini.

This is a story of a sad, lost, and passive journalist in Rome, the observer caught between a type of purgatory between a heaven and hell where truth is illusive, but lies are everywhere can be bought and sold. He searches for both happiness and love but it will never come to him or those few people he might call friends.

I first saw this film when I was 17 and it all meant something different to me then as it has every time I've seen it. There were several shots in this film that reminded me of shots from other films. There's the car scene when it is loaded down with people that looks just like a scene in, "A Clockwork Orange" and when Marcello visits his friend Steiner, there is a shot of him in front of some windows that look straight out of the "man in the shed" sequence in "Eraserhead" and it goes on and on. This film was very influential.

I love this film.

No comments: