Saturday, September 17, 2011

"‪The Living Dead: Three Films About the Power of the Past‬"


This ‪documentary made by British filmmaker Adam Curtis‬ ‪investigated the way memory ‬and history itself, ‪both ‬personal and ‪national‬ly‪ have been ‬controlled and manipulated‪ by ‬governments, KGB, CIA, MK-ULTRA, doctors, ‪politicians and others. ‬

As I'm a huge fan of Adam Curtis, I had been looking forward to this film. It is amazing, terrifying and at times hilarious. You get to see how naive science can be, how tax dollars fund huge black budget operations that inflict horrifying tests on enemies and the public without their knowledge.

I love how the opening credits mimic the opening of "Blade Runner." I wondered why at first, then it hit me that that film was about memory as well.

There are so many threads and ideas in this documentary, a dozen fiction films could be generated and I'd be surprised if the makers of, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" hadn't seen this film.

You must watch this!

No comments: