Sunday, September 25, 2011

"The Lion King"


I had never seen this film before and really thought I could go my whole like without seeing it. But stronger powers prevailed and I was forced to watch it. It seemed familiar; stories of Joseph and Moses from the Bible, Shakespeare's Hamlet, Star Wars...

The Lion King is probably highest grossing 2D animated film of all time, but not one cent came from me, so it shows you just how important I can be.

Songs were by Elton John and Tim Rice, and the score by Hans Zimmer. I really enjoyed the music, but found myself already burned out on many of the tunes I had already heard on radio years ago.

I really did enjoy it, but I seem to have a problem with any kind of cinema that takes place in sand and heat. I don't get it either.

The voice performances were great, I thought.

By the way, this was the 2D version and I'm glad because I believe my headache would have been three times as worse as it already was. There was enough depth here for me.

No comments: