Sunday, September 4, 2011

"Winnebago Man"


"Winnebago Man" is a comedy documentary about one of the first and funniest viral videos. I remember getting a couple of VHS tapes in the mail from friends who had dubbed off copies. This was way before YouTube or the Internet.

I watched this on SnagFilm which is a wonderful site, but this time the film kept stopping and buffering and then it would lose its place at start again 20 minutes earlier. It was hard to watch that way.

There are some laugh out loud moments and some sad, even heartbreaking ones. I really liked Jack Rebney, who is Winnebago Man. I think he is a smart, verbose, complicated and troubled man. I think he's had a rough time.

It reminded me of a few other films that I can also recommend, "Best Worst Movie" "American Movie" and "Grey Gardens" however each is unique in its own way.

There are so many reasons why I would recommend this film to friends. These friends have not that much in common with each other, but I could find reasons why each of them would enjoy this film. I would love to hear your thoughts on the film.

No comments: