Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Night Tide"


There is a similar quality to the film I watched last night, so there may be a theme to my choices. And of course I've seen this before just as with the other films on this blog, but I wanted to see it again with my wife who has never seen it and hasn't seen it yet as she fell asleep in the middle of it. My tastes my be in the slow mode for some.

This film has a dreamy fable feel, albeit in a lower budget. It's great seeing the old locations of Venice and Santa Monica and buildings that don't exist anymore, so it is like looking at old ghosts.

Linda Lawson is very interesting as Mora the Mermaid. She has a Angelina Jolie kinda look in some angles.

Marjorie Cameron who was a mysterious person in real life plays a mysterious figure in the film. To learn more interesting and shocking information about her, visit this link.

http://jerrylentz.blogspot.com/2011/09/scifi-sex-nasa-occult-cakes-brownies.html

This film was written and directed by Curtis Harrington and stars Dennis Hopper. I think you should watch it, but when I tell you something has a dreamy quality to it, that doesn't give you an excuse to do what my wife did and fall asleep and dream about it while it's still playing.

Curtis Harrington birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks on September 17. He was born in 1926. I might, if I can remember do a bit of a film fest of his work.

http://www.terrortrap.com/interviews/curtisharrington/

http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/obituaries/645/curtis_harrington.html



House Of Harrington from Jeffrey Schwarz on Vimeo.

No comments: